Before starting your daily practice routine, read and seriously consider the following:
- How fortunate I am that in this life I am one who has been allowed to create beauty with music.
- It is my responsibility to create peace, beauty, and love with music.
I will be kind to myself
- IT IS ONLY MUSIC
- No matter my level of development in music, how good or bad I think I am, it is only music and I am a beautiful person.
- I will not compare myself with my colleagues. If they do music beautifully, I will enjoy it and be thankful and proud that I live in fellowship with them.
- There will always be someone with more abilities in music than my own as there will be those with less.
Reasons to do music
- To contribute to the world's spiritual growth.
- To contribute to my own self-discovery and spiritual growth.
- To pay homage to all the great practitioners of music, past and present, who have added beauty to the world.
Rid your self of the following reasons for being a practitioner of music
- to create self-esteem
- to be "hip"
- to manipulate
- to get rich or famous